In order to maintain a safe environment for pupils and staff alike, we have developed a plan that we will be following from September 2020. We would appreciate your cooperation. Please remember – you must follow the current government guidance (available on gov.uk/coronavirus) and not send your child to school if they are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild.
Please do not send your child to school with any sort of mask or face covering, unless required for public transport or shops.
If any of our staff or pupils are confirmed to have COVID-19, we will work with the local health protection team to identify the correct response. This is likely to mean entire ‘bubbles’ will have to self-isolate.
The following measures will be in place in September (subject to change):
- Pupils must continue to practise good hand hygiene over and above what is usually required. Pupils should clean hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser:
- on entry to school at start of the day
- before eating
- after using the toilet/hygiene
- after break times
- regularly at other times during the day
- before leaving school at the end of the day
- If a pupil arrives or becomes unwell during the day with a new continuous cough, loss of taste/smell or a high temperature, they will be sent home and asked to follow the current COVID-19 guidance, get tested and advise the school of the result as soon as possible.
- If a pupil is awaiting collection, they will be moved to the Nurse’s Room, with adult supervision if necessary (PPE will be worn by staff if 2m distance cannot be maintained)
- Wherever the pupil has been sited while symptomatic must be made out-of-use and deep cleaned as soon as possible.
- If the pupil uses a toilet/requires hygiene before collection is possible, the facilities will be out of use until deep cleaned by cleaning staff.
- Pupils, who are able and where suitable, will be offered a face mask to wear until collection.
- Buses and taxis enter school site first
- Parent/carer vehicles enter school site no earlier than 9.15am and 3.15pm (2.15pm Friday)
- Do not wait on School Avenue (this is very important)
- Where possible, only one parent should accompany pupils
- School staff will collect pupils from the parent/carer vehicles. Parents/carers should remain in the vehicle.
- At end of day, pupils will be called from their classrooms and taken directly to transport
- Parents/carers should not enter the school buildings (except Main Reception if necessary)
For further information, please see the draft school risk assessment here.