Keeping Pupils Safe
Click here to view our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy.
What is Safeguarding?
The NSPCC definition of safeguarding states;
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
The responsibility to keep children safe belongs to all of us.
Cleaswell Hill School has a very clear Safeguarding Policy that is available on the website or from the school office.
Karyn McMahon (Deputy Head teacher) is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). She is supported by two Deputy DSL’s. They are Mike Jackson (Head teacher) and Julie Brown (Assistant Head teacher).
The Safeguarding Governor is Gill Finch.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a child, and wish to speak to a DSL, please make an appointment at the school office. Alternatively, if you have a concern about a child outside of school please contact the Single Point of Contact (onecall) who can direct your concern to the correct team within Northumberland Children’s Services. This can be done anonymously if necessary.
To contact onecall please call 01670 53644 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
More information and guidance on safeguarding, child protection, child abuse or neglect can be found on the following websites:
- Child Line (Children can call 0800 1111)
- NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)
- CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre)
To ensure the safety of our children, all visitors to the school sign in using visipoint and are given an information leaflet to read, understand and agree to follow the expectations in our school.
Key Policies (Available from the School Office)
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions Policy
- Online Safety Policy
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Equalities Statement and Objective
- Positive Behaviour Policy
- Physical Intervention Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Intimate Care Plan- Safe Working Practice
- Eating and Drinking protocol
- Positive Mental Health Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Health and Safety Policy